Thursday, January 15, 2009

Slur

241620406_0d1047fb92[1]

I see him beckoning. Death’s calling.
And I must go,
Leave let leave – Let us go,
Soul aye, you’re free now –
Untrapped.

Destined to die,
Destined to dream,
Destined to die again …
Love is the mirage,
That I left behind.

Comrade, you come with me if you’ll,
I need someone to speak to
When I’m lone.

Light is the road ahead,
Darkness …that is dead.

Eventhough, gods speak silence,
Somehow in that slurring silence
My prayers do rest.

Let me go in silence. Breath’s bottled.
And let me not,
Speak from my tomb – oh I,
May never know my World …
In whole enough.

Destined to die,
Destined to dream,
Destined to die again …
Heart is the image,
That I left behind.

Upon Breaths, lullabies seem to stand still,
Hey, would someone be crying
When I’m gone?

The words have been said,
The lines have been read

Like no one‘ll notice my absence,
Footprints wipe themselves away and
I’ll return to dust

 

9 comments:

  1. @ asha
    Thanks a lot for the appreciation. It keeps me running. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!

    There's an element of plaintivity all through. Any reasons?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Hari,
    Nothing, really!!

    Actually, I don't remember. I wrote this LONG back. Ormayee illa! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey man..gr8 work thr.
    post more of this kind

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Praveen
    Thanks, man. Will do, definitely.

    @ literally stupid
    Nice to have you here. Thanks for the comment!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Phoenix
    It's the first time I heard something like that!
    Thanks. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog