Thursday, January 22, 2009

Yellow is the name of the Song

Yellow is the name of the Song

A certain song that I used to know …

In a certain way, that it used to be sung,

I felt it play all over again, in my mind,

Why? Or, haven’t I had, left them all behind?

 

A song that I taught myself to sing …

I sang it day and night, sang it along,

With all those whom I knew, I felt,

Once, it take a life its own, and left me behind.

 

I feel taken, through the pastures all over again,

That I promised myself that I’d not return,

Ever to … but, I think, return I should.

The why is a thing, I’d have to make as I go…

 

So, I’m inching, speeding and inching again,

With a fistful of fragmented afterthoughts,

That I’d kept away. This morning, as I opened

Up the table-drawers , a yellow breeze did flow in …

 

From somewhere, I hope not, that it was from within.

Dedication: For Sindy, …if this’d lift her spirits .

9 comments:

  1. What made you look up the old drawers for that good old song? The songs that you purposefully leave behind have a habit of following you throughout your life :)

    PS:This is not the way to cheer up Sindy. I'll show you how.

    Cheer up song for Sindy:
    Here I come
    With the an Yellow song
    And chocolates and happiness
    For the smiling nice girl Sindy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ ann
    No, I didn't. I made it all up. :-D
    I don't allow myself to be haunted.

    And, for your song, Sindy will have to respond. I've messaged her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the fact that a poem was dedicated to me itself is reason enough to cheer up[:)]thank you akky[:)]n ann.. hehe thanks for the small poem[>:D<]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaay... The girl is now officially out of her depression. Congrats to the poet and hugs to Sindy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ sindhya, ann

    "... and, they lived happily ever after!" :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice choicee of words. A fistful of fragmented thoughts and the breeze from the table drawers with the double negative of hpoing not that it was from within was very nice too.

    It is wonderful to see people use the blogs as a means to reach out to and cheer up friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW, Thanks for leaving me the video link and I did pick a summary of what I liked in the clip you sent me and I will use it in a future blog..
    Education was formally driven by Industry.

    Courses were designed as per the requirement of Industry

    Those skills which are not needed in Industry are not valued and are not taught.

    Music and dance are hobbies …They will not help you earn anything.

    Degrees are progressively devaluing over time.

    There is inflation in academics as well. What could be done by a school drop out now needs a professional accountant or a lawyer?

    Nobody who is afraid of failing will ever learn or discover anything new.

    Would a teacher who had Shakespeare in his class approve of his language structure and his use of metaphor and hyperbole?

    Could Shakespeare have written what he did by following the English taught in schools at his time?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Soul Searcher

    Thanks. Glad, I could help. :-)

    About the talk, ...I'm just doing my part in sharing the knowledge. Yes, blog about it! Let other people know as well.

    It's one of the best talks that I ever heard from TED. Ken Robinson, lays down his points well, and ...he's so funny!

    If you can, watch them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. While reading this, the song Yellow by Coldplay was in my head lool
    You are very good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog